When Quill launched the News Biz Quiz last week (catch up here), what we didn’t tell you was that SPJ’s upcoming virtual conference will feature a live trivia competition.
Thus, you can consider this a practice round. More details on the conference format coming your way soon but check out the full conference schedule here.
In the meantime, here are this week’s questions.
- Which fashion magazine is launching a series of stories about the Black community called “The State of Black Beauty”?
2. What cable company says it’s hoping to lose fewer customers to streaming services by integrating its X1 operating system into more new internet-connected “smart” TV
3. After shutting down for six months, California’s San Quentin News is restarting news reporting on its website. What very specific geographic beat do the site’s journalists cover?
4. Instead of doing its typical “up-front” presentation of its fall schedule to advertisers in person this year, NBC created a one-off episode of what former sitcom which was peppered less with jokes than with sales pitches for its new shows?
a. 30 Rock
5. Of the three universities originally scheduled to host televised presidential debates this year, which private, Christian school in Nashville, Tennessee is the only one not to opt out?
6. The New York Times is ending the printing of what column of information, which it first published in 1939? Hints: The section included nearly 40 entries upon the start of daily publication in 1988, and, in recent years, had been limited to just the New York area edition of the Art and Leisure section.
7. White House spokesman Judd Deere said the Trump Administration is compiling a “large dossier” of information on Washington Post journalists, including what man, who won a 2017 Pulitzer Prize for reporting on the president’s business interests and casting doubt on how much he gave to charity?
- d) Elle
- Comcast (Xfinity)
- San Quentin State Prison
- a) 30 Rock
- Belmont University (Notre Dame and University of Michigan begged off)
- Television channel listings / program schedules
- David Fahrenthold