It’s a short week but there’s no shortage of media news. Here are this week’s quiz questions.
And here’s hoping you can join us for live SPJ Trivia at the SPJ2020 conference. I’ll be joining Quill editor Lou Harry for hands-on-buzzer fun with a wide range of questions. See conference details here.
1. After Pentagon officials announced they’d cease its production, President Trump reversed that decision, saying the U.S.would continue publishing what military newspaper, which has been in print since the Civil War?
2. What former Fox News anchor of shows such as “The Fox Report” and “Studio B” has joined rival MSNBC to host a nightly talk show?
3. What venerable Seattle alt-weekly is suspending its print edition and doing mass layoffs for the first time in its history due to COVID-19?
4. Which of these journalists is NOT slated to moderate a televised presidential debate in the next two months?
A. Fox News’ Chris Wallace
B. USA Today’s Susan Page
C. C-SPAN’s Steve Scully
D. NBC’s Kristen Welker
5. Which country has tightened visa requirements for journalists, slowed the process of receiving those credentials and reduced the length of time they’re valid from the customary one year to just two months in some cases?
6. Which Major League Baseball team started its own broadcast network named Marquee, after a prominent feature its home ballpark and focusing on team news and games?
A. New York Mets
B. St. Louis Cardinals
C. Los Angeles Dodgers
D. Chicago Cubs
Scroll down for answers…..
1. Stars and Stripes
2. Shepard Smith
3. The Stranger
4. Susan Page (Page will moderate the vice presidential debate)
6. Chicago Cubs
Tagged under: news quiz