New is in the news with a press secretary designate and a change in ownership at a major media company. Have you been keeping up?
1. The Boston Globe Company has named its co-owner, Linda Henry, as CEO. She’s part of the family that owns the Boston Red Sox, as well as what English Premier League soccer team, which plays home games at Anfield in Merseyside?
2. Biden administration Press Secretary-designate Jen Psaki had been working as a contributor to which television network prior to joining the 2020 race?
3. What Fox Business host was roundly criticized for not asking President Trump more difficult questions in the first interview the outgoing president gave after his election loss?
4. (ARCHIVE) What distinction is held by the publication Publick Occurrences Both Forreign and Domestick, which printed just a single issue in 1690?
5. Slate is adding three writers to its “Care and Feeding” section, which focuses on what common household practice?
6. The National Press Photographers Association asked what organization to consider journalists “essential and critical” workers when it comes to administering an upcoming COVID-19 vaccine.
Scroll down for answers…
3. Maria Bartiromo
4. First newspaper published in the American colonies (it was shut down by British censors after just a single issue, allegedly because the publisher didn’t have a printing license)
6. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Stan Jastrzebski has competed in trivia competitions in 14 states (and Washington, D.C.), including appearances on “Jeopardy!” and “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?.” He’s won more than 40 state, regional and national journalism awards and has spent more than a dozen years leading NPR member station newsrooms. He lives in Lafayette, Indiana, with his wife and daughter.